I am going to write a blog about all the Hunger Games casting eventually, but am just really unmotivated to write about anything related to books right now. So instead, I am going to do a list of my favorite musicians!
I have extremely random music tastes. I really will listen to just about anything and everything depending on my mood. I really enjoy music from the UK and as a result, end up listening to a lot of stuff on YouTube and BBC Radio 1. The UK charts just fit with my style more, though I still listen to a lot of Top 40. Anywho...on with the list! In descending order.
1) Hanson--Oh, you've heard of them? Back in the 90s? You think they only sing Mmmbop? You are wrong. Well, not wrong about Mmmbop, they do sing that and often, but they are so much more. I have seen Hanson in concert three times and each time was better than the last. They give great concerts. They play a wide variety of old and new stuff. They structure the set list to have a journey. They always play Mmmbop, often acoustic. And they always always always look like they are having fun. And they do great charity work. If you are not listening to Hanson, you should be.
Songs to listen to: "Thinking 'Bout Something" off their new album or "Penny & Me"/"If Only" for some old school
2) McFly--Oh, you've never heard of them? Not surprising! I'm not sure how I became obsessed with McFly. I think I just kept hearing them on UPop when I had satellite radio. They also were in a Lindsay Lohan/Chris Pine (Captain Kirk!) movie called Just My Luck. You should watch it! It is trashy fun. But yeah...I love McFly a whole lot. Their sound has progressed since they started. From rock/pop to more rock/dance now. They get lumped in with boybands in the UK even though they write all their own music and play their own instruments and are a rock band.
Songs to listen to: "Party Girl" if you like Lady Gaga or "Shine a Light" if you like Taio Cruz or "Transylvania" for old school
3) Adele--I am overly obsessed with Adele at the moment. Her voice is amazing. A. Ma. Zing. She had more passion in her voice than anyone else ever. Also, I love her as a person. She is so charming and funny in interviews. And is a really great role model for how comfortable she is with being and looking like herself. She seems like a genuinely awesome human being and I want to be best friends with her.
Songs to listen to: "Someone Like You" preferably a live version or "Rumour has it" or really anything by Adele
4) Bruno Mars--I have been harboring a hardcore crush on all Bruno Mars music for a while now. His songs are amazingly catchy and breezy. They make me think of summer and laying out in the sun and chilling. And besides all the stuff he sings himself, he has also been involved in writing "Nothin' on You" by B.o.B, "Billionaire" by Travie McCoy, "Right Round" by Flo Rida and "Fuck You!" by Cee Lo Green. What? Awesomesauce! Also, his performance at the Grammys with B.o.B. and Janelle Monae was beyond amazing.
Songs to listen to: "Marry You" or "Grenade" Grammy performance
**Special note...if you don't know who Janelle Monae is, get on that asap!
5) Enrique Iglesias--I have to admit that back in the day when Enrique Iglesias was first popular, I knew his songs, but didn't particularly care about him. But now I love him big time. I am particularly found of his new stuff because it is soooo dancey, but I also have been listening to his older stuff and I like that too. I just think his voice is pleasent and he is fun. And he doesn't take himself seriously at all in interviews.
Songs to listen to: "I Like It" or "Tonight" (NSFW if you listen to the uncensored version. The radio version is SFW)
6) Pitbull--I have to admit that most of Pitbull's songs are highly inappropriate, shouldn't not be listened to at work or around kids, and are probably semi-offensive. But dude, are they catchy! He has a ton of songs from his albums, but he is probably more famous/popular for being featured on other artists songs notably "I Like It" (Enrique) and "DJ Got Us Falling In Love" (Usher) and "Hey Baby" (T-Pain). I like that even though he is a rapper, he definitely has an authentic latin flair to his music.
Songs to listen to: "Fuego" or "I Know You Want Me"
7) 3Oh!3/Ke$ha--I am putting these two together because I started listening to both around the same time and they are fairly similar styles. They are both rather inappropriate, but fun and good to dance around to. Also, my favorite songs of both artists are ones that have both. Just seems easier. I don't have much explanation for why I love either so much, but if I am stressed and need to dance around my house, I am putting 3Oh!3 and Ke$ha on.
Songs to listen to: "My First Kiss" or "Blah Blah Blah" both have both artists; Ke$ha: "Kiss N' Tell"; 3Oh!3: "Holler Till You Pass Out"
8) Gaelic Storm--Back to more appropriate music! I love Gaelic Storm. Yes, you've heard them even if you don't know it. They were the third class band in Titanic. The one that Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet dance to. See, you do know them! I love all sorts of Irish/Celtic music, but Gaelic Storm is my favorite at the moment. Nothing makes a day better than some fun Celtic music!
Songs to listen to: "Johnny Jump Up" or "The One" or "Nancy Whiskey" or "The Beggarman" or go watch them in Titanic again
9) Darren Criss--Really, if you aren't in love with Darren Criss than you obviously don't watch Glee. If you are not a fan of Glee, you should still listen to Darren Criss sing.
Songs to listen to: Anything he has recorded
ETA: Honorable Mentions (aka people I totally forgot about while writing the list): Mika, Blake Lewis, Jesse McCartney
Yes, my music taste is random. Sometimes inappropriate. Yet all fun!
What music do you love?