Monday, May 2, 2011

Favorite Songs

Since my top list of favorite bands/artists went over so well I thought I would continue on the music trend and give a list of favorite songs. These are going to be in no particular order as I really don't have a "favorite" song.

As you can tell from my favorite bands list, I have an eclectic taste in music. A lot of the time, what I like to listen to is dictated by my mood, the weather, and what I'm doing at the time. My favorite songs list is going to be songs that I like to listen to at any time regardless. You should also assume that any song I mentioned in the favorite bands list is also a favorite song.

*I Like It by Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull--I fell in love with this song last summer, cemented my love when they performed on SYTYCD, and have listened to it more times than I can count and learned part of the dance from the SYTYCD performance. If I were to have a #1 song, this would probably be it.

*Party Girl by McFly--Besides being an amazingly catchy song, the music video is wicked awesome. And they made it into a 30 minute movie. I have also listened to this song more times than I can count.

*Little Lion Man by Mumford & Songs--Such a chill vocal sound, but super peppy beat. It is one of the most fun songs to listen to while out driving.

*Fuck You by Cee Lo Green--Besides being one of the catchiest songs ever, it is always fun to get to yell out swear words!

*Rock and Roll by Eric Hutchinson--I really dig a beachy, summer, singer-songwriter vibe and Hutchinson gives it in abundance.

* Rhythm of Love by Plain White T's--I like all of their stuff, but Rhythm of Love just really grooves in a nice way.

*Can't Speak French by Girls Aloud--Sometimes you just have to groove to a dancey girl group and Girls Aloud is exactly that.

*Live Like We're Dying by The Script/Kris Allen--I had heard the song before Kris Allen did it because I listen to UK music and I like both versions. I really like Breakeven and For The First Time by the Script, but since I love both version of Live Like We're Dying, it goes on the list.

*If I Had You by Adam Lambert--I have memorized all of the words. I had them all memorized before it was released as a single.

*Cinnamon Lips by OK Go--I like most of their songs, but something about Cinnamon Lips just makes it a song I can listen to over and over again.

*Scotty Doesn't Know by Lustra--If you've seen Eurotrip, you know the song. I can sing each and every lyric and do so often.

*The Monkees--Ok, so they should have gone on the band list. I forgot. But now I am trying to pick out my favorite Monkees song and can't because I love so many of them.

*Dog Days by Florence & the Machine--I love the original version and I love the Glee version. It is just a great song with a great groove to it.

*River Deep-Mountain High by Santana & Mercedes from Glee--Holy cow I cannot tell you how much I love this duet. It just works. Everything about it is good.

*When I Get You Alone by Darren Criss--The original is really kind of bad, but the Glee version is bangin'.

*Ain't No Rest For the Wicked by Cage the Elephant--What can I say? I like a good beat, a quirky vocalist, and anything I can dance to.

*Big Spender from Sweet Charity--I've never seen Sweet Charity, but I've seen this number. Anytime I can dance around like Fosse, I am happy.

*She's So Lovely by Scouting for Girls--Super poppy fun UK stuff. I love it so much. No explanation needed.

*I Predict a Riot by the Kaiser Chiefs--Indie Rock band from UK who is not nearly famous enough. This song is just a fun party song.

*Right 'Round by Flo Rida--I freaking love this song always, though especially when covered by the Beezlebubs on The Sing-Off.

*I Believe in a Thing Called Love by the Darkness--A 70s glam rock throw back. If on, I will sing it loudly and in falsetto. Nothing makes me happier than singing this song.

Ok...enough songs for now. I know that I have missed a bunch and I know that you are now thinking about your favorite songs, so definitely share those. I love listening to new music! Or old music! Or music that I have forgotten that I love! Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment