Saturday, May 14, 2011

New Format

My co-book tart and myself are considering changing this blog from a book focused blog into a pop culture centered blog. we have a couple reasons as to why. First of all, we are both highly obsessed with pop culture. Secondly, we both definitely watch more tv than read books. Mostly because it takes less time and watching tv allows for multitasking! Also, you've probably noticed that I have been blogging about not books lately. And Jenny hasn't been blogging much as all.

So, in honor of a change to pop culture, I am going to blog about why I hate this season of American Idol!

I was going to watch Idol this season. I stop watching a few weeks into voting last season because all my favorite people were gone. And the best singer of the season was gone. There seemed no point. I was going to watch this season, but I just couldn't do it. I legit recorded the first few episodes, but I just couldn't get over how boring most of the singers were. And how pointless the judges were. However, I always read recaps of the episodes and watched Idoloonies on tvline.com (Michael Slezak and Jason Averett are amazing!). So I kept up on the season.

I watched the most recent episode because Jenny said I should and my friend Sarah was over and we both enjoy watching reality crap. So I watched the top 4. And the only thing I can say is that of the four singers left, I only really liked Haley. She was the only singer that was at all interesting and exciting. And she was also the only singer who got any negative feedback. I don't understand the judges at all. They love everyone. They have loved everyone all season. Except Haley, who has the best voice and makes the only interesting choices. They have given her negative comments all season, including last week when her vocal was amazing and they didn't like her song choice. The judges are so inconsistent! And if they tell everyone that they are amazing, it starts to mean nothing! Nothing! So frustrating. But now I have to watch Idol this week because I have become invested in Haley! Damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment