Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Excuse for Low Numbers of Blogs...

I have an excuse for not blogging much recently. And it is a great reason. Really! I've been watching Doctor Who! I have watched an episode of Doctor Who here or there because Jenny loves it, but I had never really watched it and was kind of meh on the whole thing. A couple weeks ago, I saw that Torchwood was on Netflix and I really want to watch Torchwood. But you can't watch Torchwood without watching Doctor Who. And as I had borrowed Seasons 1-4 of Doctor Who from Jenny way back in April, I decided to start watching. And Holy Crap! Doctor Who is awesome! How have I not been watching this show for the past 5 years? Seriously!

Anyway, as a result of watching many episodes of Doctor Who and many Doctor Who episodes with commentary and special features about Doctor Who, I haven't been reading much and I haven't been blogging much. It is a decent excuse, right? If you watch Doctor Who, I'm sure you understand. And a benefit came out of watching it...I thought of a great blog topic!

TV/Movie Genres vs. Book Genres

I love watching Sci-Fi Movies and Tv shows. Doctor Who, Total Recall, Star Wars, Star Trek, Eureka, Eraser, Killer Clowns from Outerspace...if it has aliens/weird technology, I probably love it. But I don't read Sci-Fi. Or at least not much. I've read "We can remember it for you wholesale" by Philip K. Dick because I wanted to read the story Total Recall was based on. And I've read the Jumper series by Stephen Gould. And I have Douglas Adams. But besides that, I really don't read Sci-Fi ever. Now, I like fantasy books just fine. Dragons, alternate universes, time travel that falls more into fantasy than sci-fi...love it! Spaceships...no!

Now, on the opposite spectrum, I love anything mystery, whether book, tv, or movie. I started reading mysteries when I was in first or second grade. And I started watching Diagnosis Murder around that time too. And Dragnet. My current favorite shows are Bones, White Collar, Lie to Me, Eureka, Doctor Who, Covert Affairs. I like shows that are a mystery a week. I also enjoy medical dramas like House and Royal Pains where it is a mystery as to what the ailment is. And I love crazy movies that are essentially a murder mystery on screen. Mysteries...any format I love; Sci-fi...not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment