Friday, July 16, 2010

I have read 46 Meg Cabot books

Yes. You read that right. 46 Meg Cabot books. She has written 67 books. That is slightly under 70% of her books. Considering I first read one of her books in 2001, that seems pretty good to me. The first Meg Cabot book I read was The Princess Diaries, though I definitely read it before the movie came out. I quickly realized that I needed to read every book of hers I could find. The problem was that she had not written much else under the name Meg Cabot at that time.
However, I found the book Haunted, which I read and loved. After reading it, I discovered that it was the 5th book in a series written under the name Jenny Carroll. I then spent much time in book stores trying to find the first four Mediate Series books. Even though I read The Princess Diaries books first (as many as were out at that time), I loved The Mediator Series more! The main character, Suze, was much the same as Mia in The Princess Diaries, but she could see ghosts. Awesome! As I started to get into upper high school, I still enjoyed reading her teen books, but wanted something more. Luckily, Meg Cabot has also written books for adults. Chick Lit, if you will. My favorite being the Heather Wells Series (Size 12 is Not Fat, etc.). Of all of the heroines in all of the Meg Cabot books, Heather Wells is my favorite. Eventually I will write a whole post about why I love Meg Cabot Female Characters so much, but that will take up too much space in this already rambling post. Anyway, Heather Wells was the first grown up Meg Cabot books I read, but quickly followed with any other book I could find, like the Boy Series. I found that as much as I love all the teen books, I loved the adult books more. All the same great fun and humor and pop culture, more of the sexy stuff.
Eventually, I learned that Meg Cabot had another name she wrote under, Patricia Cabot. Those books would be what most people would consider "Romance Novels" or "Historical Romances". I refer to them as bodice-rippers. They are delightful fun and the perfect book for a summer day in the sun or a winter day curled up under a blanket with hot chocolate.
All of this is to say that Meg Cabot is my favorite author and I have read a majority of her books. I have never finished one of her books and thought, "Gee, that was disappointing". Each one has been awesome and I want to eventually own all of her teen and adult books. Why? Just because!

1 comment:

  1. It's really funny, because I remember doing that same thing. Reading the first couple in the Princess Diaries series and then finding book 5 in the Mediator series, which was amazing, even though I had no clue what was happening. I wonder why that one seems to have come out first...?

    ReplyDelete