Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Triumphant Return ... Just in Time for NaNoWriMo

So, if you haven't noticed, I haven't blogged in a while.

Umm ... sorry. It's not that our loyal readers aren't important (Hi mom!), but I have been busy. First, I went on vacation. Then I came home and I've been taking an online class and my husband and I want to eat food every day and, dontcha know, the house doesn't clean itself. And then all the fall TV shows came back into my life and I was distracted by the pretty glowing box with the moving pictures ... and it didn't help that my mean ol' sister got me into four, count 'em, four new TV shows ("Chopped," "Top Chef: Just Desserts," "The Big Bang Theory" and "How I Met Your Mother"). THANKS A LOT, KELLY!

So, now I am finally started to feel like I might be able to carve out a few minutes for blogging (thanks to the fact that "Project Runway" is over, mainly - Mondo was robbed, by the way!) ... but Monday starts National Novel Writing Month. Which means, almost all of my writing skillz will go toward trying to write a 50,000-word novel during the month of November. I have tried this feat and failed several times, but not this year. Oh no. This year I am in a good position. I don't write much for my job anymore, so I will not have writing burn-out. I work an opposite shift from my husband so I won't feel like I'm neglecting him by writing a novel instead of snuggling on the couch with him, playing Halo and Left 4 Dead. And I already told my husband that he has to do all the housework, cooking and grocery shopping during the month of November, since if I finish my totally rockin' novel and sell it and become a millionaire novelist like J.K. Rowling, he will reap the benefits too.

So ... how to keep my Book Tarts blogging up to a level that Kelly won't kick my ass when she comes back for Christmas? Why ... I'll blog about my NaNoWriMo experience! Plus, all of my adoring fans (Hi Mom! Hi Facebook friends who scan my blog entries out of pity!) can keep me on the right path, offering encouragement and threatening to make fun of me mercilessly if I fail. Because, if nothing else, I know Kelly will make fun of me, because that's what sisters do. Mercilessly taunt each other. YAY SISTERLY LOVE!

So, that's what you can expect from me for the next month, because I'm guessing I'm not going to get much reading done.

NaNoWriMo ... here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I would totally write a novel too, had I any skill for fiction writing. I will not mock you if you fail, though I will continually ask you how it is going. Also, if you finish said novel and become rich and famous, I expect to reap some of the benefits, too.

    ReplyDelete